Monday, 27 April 2009

Recovering the mini

Heya all, me and Princess flew down to Welly last weekend.

IMG_0737 (by t1mthet00lman)

My pal Andre got married, and we caught up with lots of you fullas down there :)

With Princess hanging out with Loulou, Nick and I went to unpack the mini and get it on to the road. The mini was stored well, and was straightforward to get on the road. All that was needed was a new battery and a damned good clean. So shes is now legit: WOF, rego, insurance.

IMG_0742 (by t1mthet00lman)

When taking out the sub box to replace the battery, I found that a mousey had setup house in my sub box - he chewed the inside of the seat sponge!

IMG_0740 (by t1mthet00lman)

The bastard also gnawed a hole in my sub and dragged lots of crud in there! I found him dead where you see him, the rubber and foam must have killed him. I cleaned the sub box and did a ghetto duct tape fix. Temporary, but it'll do.

Picture 021 (by t1mthet00lman)

I headed up the country.

IMG_0764 (by t1mthet00lman)

7 hours of nonstop mini driving was real noisey! I did get a great day for cruising.

IMG_0760 (by t1mthet00lman)

The mountain from afar...

IMG_0766 (by t1mthet00lman)

..and up close - mint weather! Thankfully, no breakdowns or weird noises.

No comments: